Top 5 Viral Videos and Production Tips From May
With each passing month, online videos are getting more creative, more fun to watch, and less expensive to produce which bodes well for our Spidvid community. Below are 5 remarkable viral videos and production tips from May. There are dozens of others likely just as deserving as these, so if you have a favorite please include the link in the comments below. And here are last month’s viral videos and production tips I featured in April if you missed them.
1. Sexy Jedi Bubblebath! Saber 2: Return of the Body Wash – What could be more fun to watch then seeing two beautiful women having a bubble bath fight, then breaking out into a full light saber war?! This will have you buying AXE body spray the next time you’re feeling dirty! Video production tip: mixing something popular with sexy people is a recipe for success.
2. Full Orchestra Doing a Flash mob in the Copenhagen Metro – In April 2012 Copenhagen Phil (Sjællands Symfoniorkester) surprised the passengers in the Copenhagen Metro by playing Griegs Peer Gynt. The subway transit system’s from around the world are often filled with depressed looking faces, but these lucky passengers were entertained which created many smiling faces Video production tip: flash mob videos are still popular, but may not be in a year from now. So if you’re creating a flash mob video do it soon and make it awesome!
3. Zoochosis Presents: Escalator – It’s amazing what one can do with Hershey chocolate kisses, an elevator, and some beautiful women. Enjoy this brilliance from filmmaking studio, Zoochosis! Video production tip: girls love chocolate, and guys love girls who work their butts off to obtain chocolate!
4. Ashton Kutcher Dating Video – In this campaign for Popchips, Ashton Kutcher takes on many different identities to create dating videos. This video had over 1 million views in just 1 day! Video production tip: celebrities will always attract more views than the average Joe, so if you have a huge casting budget then consider hiring an A-list celeb for your viral video.
5. Seductive Motion – Talk about mixed signals. When this gorgeous model uses motion-control technology, her Samsung Smart TV isn’t the only thing that reacts. This video has over 6 million views since its debut on May 24th, wow! Video production tip: write a story which builds up curiosity, then surprises the viewer with a funny climax.